Repairs and Maintenance
TIE offers a large range of engineering capabilities with techniques and workshop facilities designed to extend the life of today’s delicate, multifunctional, surgical instrumentation.
Repairing surgical instruments to perform or enhance their original function offers significant cost savings when compared with replacements.
We repair all of the general instruments like scissors, needle holders, osteotomes etc, but we specialise in the more high end repairs like ophthalmic, arthroscopic, urology, neurology, ENT, fess just to name a few.
We can repair ALL BRANDS of instrumentation.
Advanced Instrument Repairs
Utilising the latest technologies, workmanship and high quality materials, TIE can now make the unrepairable, repairable.
- Bent, kinked and cracked urology sheaths, working elements and any other sheath that a scope must pass through can be straightened, dents or kinks removed and the shafts polished to give the feel of a new instrument.
- Stainless Steel bone nibblers, wire cutters and rongeurs with damaged jaws can now have the damage repaired rather than removed, this gives the feel of a new instrument, and increases the life of your instrumentation.
- Arthroscopic punches, e.g. upbiters, back-biters, side cutters… can be sharpened and improved to a level that is the same or exceeds that of the original instrument.
- Laparoscopic instrumentation with broken drive pins, jaw tails and jaw housings can all be repaired and strengthened.
- Most urology equipment, flexible biopsy forceps and graspers, cholangiogram forceps, stent graspers and biopsy forceps can be completely overhauled to straighten scope channels, repair broken jaws, pins, locking collars and drive shafts.
- And many other repair work that other repairers place in the “too-hard” basket.
- All of the repairs above and many more can be performed for a fraction of the replacement cost without compromising quality, and for peace of mind all workmanship is guaranteed for 3 months.